Click School Classroom Seating Planner Generator v2 ALPHA. ©2017.
Thank you for visiting this app and giving it a go. I hope you will find it very useful!
This site uses Google Analytics to see how the site is used (e.g. how people reach this web site). Any seating plan data you enter is not sent to Google or any other server - it exists only on your computer.
Yes you can order boy/girl or put high/low ability students together. Set the column order on the 'add/edit names' screen (prioritise the columns you want to group, followed by the column you want to distribute by). Then click 'group and 'distribute' tick boxes. Finally click 'auto position'.
Please use Google Chrome for maximum compatibility.
Load the demo data to get an idea of what this generator can do. (video tutorial to be published at some point during 2017.):
Benefits of this app
- It's completely free - no on-going payment or being tied in to an expensive product.
- No login/password required - open for all.
- Quickly copy & paste class lists from a spreadsheet into the names form. If pasted in the LAST NAME, first name format, it'll automatically split into first and last name.
- Add/remove as many fields about people as you like.
- See a summary of people's attributes (e.g. G&T, SEN, gender etc) on the seating plan - each is truncated to up to three characters. This 'sensitive' data can also be hidden with the 'eye' icon.
- Keywords automatically change into icons.
- Drag and drop to re-arrange seats, or automatically position by a-z (last name), randomly, or by grouping/distributing. e.g. you can sit all 'A' grade students together, and further split them by gender.
- Directly edit people's names on the seating plan, or click to add further people/positions in the classroom
- 'Flip' the layout, so you can project the seating plan and everyone knows where to sit!
- Try different seating plan templates
- Randomly pick a person from the layout
- Save your seating plan as a downloaded file
- Edit your seating plan as an uploaded file
- All data entered stays on your computer - there no privacy issues to worry about.
Keyword that change to icons
This seat planner is an alpha release. This means that:
- There may be bugs, usability and compatibility issues, although it has been tested with major browsers
- Not all features intended for the final release are included
This has been tested with the following web browsers. This is not to say that it is entirely fully tested and bug-free. (It's an alpha release!)
- Windows/Google Chrome 55
- Windows/Firefox 50.1.0
- Windows/Edge 38.14393
How to use
How do I use this? Tutorial video to be released late Jan/Feb 2017).
- Don't put in grade numbers, put in letters, otherwise strange sorting can happen (unless you're only using numbers 0-9, or appropriately zero-filling, e.g. 01, 02...10, 11, it'll work)
- Navigate the cells in the list of people with tab/shift+tab, up/down arrow keys.
- Integration with Google Drive and OneDrive
- Change settings, e.g. the order of 'chair discovery' when positioning people.
It always starts to position people from the bottom left, but if it finds a 'chair', it looks for adjacent chairs in the order of right, up, left, down.
Do not refresh the web page. If you do, the data disappears. It's because it does not currently use 'session cookies' to remember anything.